The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Council
Paul Smith’s College is making strides towards implementing ways to create and support a diverse and inclusive community on campus.
Why is Diversity Important to Our Students
- Diversity expands our experience
- Diversity enhances social development
- Diversity prepares students for future career success
- Diversity prepares students for work in a global society
- Interactions with people different than ourselves increases our knowledge base
- Diversity promotes creative thinking
- Diversity enhances self-awareness
- Diversity enriches the multiple perspectives developed with academia
2020 Diversity & Inclusion Leadership Award
The Global Diversity and Inclusion Leadership Award seeks to recognize a student AND a faculty/staff member who display leadership in fostering diversity and inclusion both on campus and within the surrounding community.
Paul Smith’s College First Nation Club
Paul Smith’s College Pride Club
The mission of the Pride Club is to foster a safe and supportive environment for all students regardless of sexual orientation and gender identity. The club seeks to achieve this mission through education, awareness, and connecting with allies in the student body staff, and faculty. All are welcome.
For more information, contact Deb Naybor firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.